fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Monkey World - saturday was brilliant. Not only did I manage to travel with my sister, her eldest daughter who is 18 and her boyfriend so no children in our car (Poor Hubby had 5 in his!!) but the sun shone. They even let us in early and I hired a scooter. We saw all the baby orang-utans and chimps this time and everybody really enjoyed themselves. I think it was Aras, the youngest orang -utan who was so cute. He was holding onto his towel all the time and would take it up to the top and then drop down. Eventually, he dropped it and one of the others peed all over it but he didn't care
Of course, once we got to the big adventure park, everyone was in their element. Adults were the worst - showing off to see how high they could get the swing to go and climb up the ropes the fastest. I even managed to have a sit on the giant swing and hubby videoed me. Typical - an hour of monkeys and 10 seconds of me!!!
The worst part for me was that my mouth was so full of mouth ulcers I struggled to eat and I got cold on the scooter so sat with my fleecy hat and fleecy blanket on. What a sight I must have looked - about aged 80 I think.
All in all - a great day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home