fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, November 03, 2006

Rest - what's that!! I have no idea why I think I can take it easy. I have too much to do in a short space of time.
Washing, unpacking and food shopping took up most of the day plus a quick cup of tea with a friend of course!! Then pick up the children, finish the pumpkins, get them ready for trick and treating and after that dash Laura down to her Brownies for a Halloweeen party. They got given a huge amount of sweets and we had plenty of trick and treaters too. Wednesday - saw the practice nurse with aforementioned manky toes. Think I need those croc shoes but not very warm in winter!! Then off to the hospital for blood test and to see the consultant radiologist about radiotherapy to my hip. He was quite reassuring and said I needed one blast but in the future I could have more and he felt that as it is more in the socket and not the ball bit of my joint it is less likely to fracture. I also spoke to the hospice nurse so will see her next week. When I returned, my friend from school had arrived and we ate sushi which was odd and not something I want to rush back to but a good experience anyway. We had a good day chatting and eating and she helped me make the food. Hubby took the children out to the cubs bonfire party so at least I didn't have to cook for them.
By this time in the evening, we'd realised our doorbell was on the blink again. Whenever, we opened or shut the door, the door bellblasted out 'Oh Susannah, please don't cry for me!!' and anybody who operated their remorte control could also operate our doorbell. Eventually, we found out that all the trick and treaters had jammed the door bell in so hubby managed to fix it so peace has returned.
Thursday - chemo day. Not so fast this time. A 3 hour wait between seeing the nurse and having the chemo but all went smoothly. Finished by 2pm so went to Tescos. This was not ideal timing. Yet again -no disabled parking places and as it is on a big hill there are few other places to park which are on the level. I had to park down the bottom and then there were no small trolleys and I can't manage the big ones. The customer service women was not helpful but eventually got me one. Good job I didn't lose it completely as just before I unloaded my shopping apparently 2 women aged about 50 had a fight over queue jumping!! Wish I'd seen that!! The police had to be called!!
Friday - supposed to be a quiet day but had to go to collect air tickets for Prague and went out for coffee and tried to cook muffins and flapjack. The flapjacks were a doddle but mayhem in the muffin department. Firstly, I forgot to add the milk and thought it lookedmore like pastry. The milk made it a runnier but it didn't taste quite right . However, I put the mixture into the cases and into the oven, turned round and there was the melted butter still in the saucepan. I then scraped all the mixture out of the cases back into the bowl and added the butter and started all over again. By this time, the chocolate drops had got hot so some melted into themixture so they don't quite look like double choc muffins more like caramel and chocolate. Haven't dared try them yet. To make matters worse I then found someone had left me perfect raisin muffins at the front door so thank you mystery person -much appreciated but who was it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home