fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Thursday, August 03, 2006

July - new month, new holiday. This time, we went to Perranporth. My 18 yr old niece also came along with her 2 younger sisters and my sister and my mum plus husbands. Weather was Ok. Everybody else was having a heatwave but not Cornwall. we were glad though - it would not have been pleasurable in a caravan. My hip remained very painful and really restricted my walking. Although, my ability to walk was not helped by my continued breathlessness. It seemd like we'd gone back in the passtwhen we used to go out with Nanny. I had to keep stopping and let everybody go on ahead of me. My 70 yr old mum even had to buy me a chair to sit on cos I was struggling to get on and off the floor!! I even found myself doing the funny breathing noises like she used to do!! The children got on well and infact we hardly saw Laura at all. She spent all her time in her cousin's caravan and so of course she was devastated when it was time to leave. A highlight was a trip out on a RIB but we didn't see any sea mammals at all or sunfish so that was diappointing but the ride was terrific. Everyone but me and mum went body boarding and everyone really enjoyed it. I think the quote of the week belongs to Woody. 'Mum. I really don't see the point of having a shower tonight, I'm only going to get dirty tomorrow.'
The twins were back to school for a week and then had their mon -friday residential at a study centre. They really enjoyed it and I don't think Laura wanted to come home. They saw badgers there and they both enjoyed the adventure playground. They were both awarded birdwatchers certificates so they were very proud. At least, Woody came home with clothes that had been worn so that was an improvement from the cub camp weekend where he came home in the same clothes that he left in!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home