fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Thursday, August 03, 2006

August - yes I know it's only early days but i'm not happy. Last night I found a lump in my other armpit and it hurts. Fortunately, the next day, I had a herceptin appointment. So today, I've been there. I've had my echo for my heart which was OK. A hip xray which was OK and an ultrasound on the lump which showed 'a lump'. As it was holiday and lunchtime, they couldn't do a biopsy so will have to go back next week. The consultant radiographer said it was 'architectually consistent with inflammation' but no explanation of what is causing the inflammation so now it's sit and wait time. The oncologist was cautiously optimistic which is unlike him so let's hope he is right. It's been a hard evening and although I've tried to be normal, Woody suspects something and AJ wouldn't settle tonight so will have to try acting 'normal' better.
Another good thing - I've got another vein that works - hurray!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home