fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Trying to get Back to Normality
On saturday, I felt OK so took Woody to football training. he didn't make the team but he doesn't seem to mind. I don't mind as he gets the training for free and you only pay if you are picked for the matches!!! I just feel so sorry for him as I know he tries hard but he has never had the practice as a younger child so is behind with his skills. It makes me proud that he is happy to continue with going tot raining even though he has not been picked for the team.
On the way back, I went into Tescos so must have felt better!! Haave no idea when last went there but needed some bits and pieces abd also their clubcard points. I hate buying from these big shops which are monopolyising the market but it is cheaper and the club points are the most useful out of the other shops. I did most of the shopping on own and got the girls to unpack and pack the shopping and take it to the car. I then spent the afternoon in bed catching up with my letters. I couldn't face coming downstairs whilst the others ate pizza so hid upstairs. Pete's brother was here so they could start to move the radiator in Laura's room. I think he's got the decorating bug!!
Sunday - I took the children over to their grandparents and we had a lovely sunday dinner which exhausted me so spent the next couple of hours asleep.
The radiator moving did not go well but there again when did anything go right that the previous owner had touched!!! Poor Laura spent the night on a mattress on bare chipboard.
Monday - I woke up at 1030am so was rather shocked and it took ages to come round. Luckily, one of my friends came to help so she could tidy up from the night before.
Laura had been complaining of toothache for the last couple of weeks so was a bit perplexed why nobody had made her appointment until I did when I came home. It was not good news as her last baby molar is rotten and needs taking out as there is no point in having it filled hen it is going to fall out soon. Poor girl is very worried about it and we can only do it the day before she restarts school. Thought we'd have a MacDonalds before taking Laura to a friend's house. They have 3 dogs of which 2 have been in Crufts and won prizes, rabbits, guinea pigs and a snake.
The boys played happily whilst I still did some more of my letter writing.
In the evening, pete and brother spent about 3 hours trying to finish the radiator off but the system wouldn't refill so another night without hot water. Think we might need a professional to finish this off now as they were working till 10pm and the children were all falling asleep. Any recomendations if from this area please?
I feel so much better now and not having so many hot, sweaty turns which is a relief but the yellowness seems the same to me. Really hope my liver function tests are back to normal and can start taxol this week as so scared it won't work or make me feel too ill to enjoy the holidays.
Today, I went to the hospice and had reiki and saw the hospice nurse but the hairdresser wasn't there and missed out on reflexology as well and then this afternoon they were making flags and so decided to come home as have better things to do!! Firstly, I'm hemming the lounge curtains - yes they have been there about 10 yrs but have never finished them off so will do that and then get them dry cleaned and rehung properly so the lounge doesn't look such a mess.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home