fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Just a quick note to let you know I've been refused tykerb/lapatinab as now consiered too ill for it. The conultant at Marsden thinks like my local hospital does that I should have a platinum based chemo to try to get on top of my worsening lungs. He is also talking baout this 'limited window of opportunity' as I have deterioriated so quickly. He is also concerned that although there are other chemo options, the spread in my bones means that my bone marrow will not be able to keep up with producing enough red and white blood cells and platelets.
Got chemo this thursday but will try to fill in gaps in between later.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Kate - so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. I can't tell you how much you are in my thoughts and prayers at the moment and I hope that the next chemo does ease some of your symptoms. You stubbornly carry on girl.....you are truly amazing...

    Much love and heaps of cyber hugs.
    Heather (Heatherlou)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home