fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, July 02, 2007

It was hubby's parent's Golden wedding Anniversary this last weekend.
I spent friday morning having coffee with a friend - not in Starbucks this time as there were no seats and as it was raining everyone was just sitting there with empty cups and refusing to move and it's apparently not Starbucks Policy to make people go so you could sit there all day with one cup of coffee then - just goes to show what profit they must be making if they don't truf people out for hours after one coffee. I was so cross as I was upset over the onc's letter and I wanted my coffee that after complaining and getting a customer feedback slip that i will post to HQ not the local branch that I stood outside telling everybody there was no seats so we all went to another place which was equally as nice and less noisy too.
I the had to buy pressies and cards for the Golden Anniversary and just sobbed and sobbed in the card shop as I realised that we would never even get to our Silver wedding anniversary or even our 13th! The card shop staff just ignored me completely!!! Think I'd better go back to John Lewis then!!
We had a big rush to get out on time on friday night as first we had to drop Laura off at Sea Scout camp - luckily inside dormatories and with a proper kitchen so she wouldn't starve this time.
The hotel was beautiful and the food was lovely. I found it very emotional and found it difficult not to cry as the realisation hit me that this was not something we would ever be able to do.
The bbq had to be cancelled on the saturday so we all went at different times to meet different people and drink champagne!!
Then back to watch Dr Who. It had been a tense day all round on the telly what with watching some Moto GP early saturday morning and then the big moto GP with Rossi keeping us all waiting to see if he could overtake Stoner.Woody and I were so relieved that he did and Hayden came third so was pleased for him too. Woody and I amused ourselves with making up songs about the other racers crashing which is a bit cruel but a lot of fun!! Hubby was at work and AJ at a friend's house so we could nake as much noise as we wanted!!! At the end of the race, I found that I had a headache as I had been clenching my teeth so hard - how stupid is that!!! Then Woody and I watched the qualifying for the F1 and that was exciting too.
Then the finale of Dr Who for this season - what a day!! What else could I say - Rossi, Hamilton, David Tennant, Johm Simm and John Barrowman all in one day - no wonder my breathing couldn't cope!!!
Will have to go to bed to calm down now with all those thoughts running round my head. Just hope I don't dream of working for Customs and Excise again - catching toads and frogs - what exactly is going on in my head!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hamilton - pah! You can have him, and I'll have Rossi! I think we'll have to agree on a time share for David Tennant, John Simm and our lovely Captain Jack!!
    Ange xx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home