fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Time to catch up - Seems that I have written anything for a long time. Now have so much to write I will have to split it into sections so not to bore you rigid. so now pretend, it is April/May time.
Firstly, bone scan results - my left hip had become very painful just before the scan so I was very relieved to find that all the scan showed was that I had a degenerative disc in my thoracic vertebrae. In other, words I'm getting old!! My hip pain has been put down to the limping because of my verucca on the other foot and I started voltarol to help the pain. This did help but made me really sleepy. I wasn't expecting that. Ok - I know it says so on the packet but I don't recall it happening before.
My hip pain was a nuisance. I couldn't dance at a Hen party for very long at all and I miss doing things like that.
My herceptin carried on as usual and I even progressed to seeing the nurse instead of the doctor on altenate visits.
These months also saw the twins birthdays and AJ's. Can't think of anything disastrous about the twins birthday celebration, but Aj's turned into a farce. I'd booked a clown and he never sent me his form to return for me to pay the deposit. I kept ringing and got no reply. 3 days before the party, I'd heard nothing and so faced with the prospect of no entertainment for 10 6 yr old kids, I booked a bouncy castle. No sooner than I had paid the money but the clown left a message to say he was coming. Saturday dawned and we had the castle and the clown. One boy freaked out so much at the sight of the clown, that I had to get his mum back to calm him down. Then another boy, freaked out by the sight of balloons. I was so glad that the mum came back as I needed the help with the tea part as my hubby's idea of helping was to take photos of the morris minor! Anyway, it all passed peacefully and that is the last big party for the children now. Next year it is special treats with a maximum of 3 friends!!
move onto June

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home