fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Plumbing and the man who lived here previously


Oh how I'd love to name and shame the man who lived here before us. I really feel I could thump him if I ever see him again. I did see him about 18 months ago but it was at a funeral so I could hardly thump him then.


As you know we've had problems with the heating since New Year's Eve but the plumbers were so slow at submitting the quotes but eventually I got 3 quotes and this monday the Hospice gave me a cheque to pay our chosen plumber. Luckily the plumber rejigged his work so he could come over first thing on tuesday. True to his word, he did turn up and the changing of the valve went smoothly but then..... you're thinking surely this didn't go without a hitch and, yes, you are right it didn't!!!! Then when he tried to get the timer to work it wouldn't and when he looked at the wiring of the controls he found a blue wire hanging loose!!!!! He then spent the afternoon trying to sort out the wiring and failed. So he came back today with his son and spent this afternoon trying to fix what the plumber who came out on New Year's Eve did to over ride the system so we had heating. It is still not right but at least we've got heating and hot water tonight unlike last night when it was all switched off and we couldn't get it back on. he's back tomorrow so let's hope he can fix it. I'm just not sure how long we give him before calling in someone else!!
Will try to post tomorrow about chemo and heating - bet you can't wait!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home