fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Child/Working Tax Credits
Now having problems with the working/child tax credits system!!! As you probably know, my employers who had previously been wonderful have now decided not to pay me anymore but I will get paid the equivalent of working till end of february so thought I should inform the working/child tax credit people as the adverts keep saying you must. However, instead of increasing our money they are saying we've been overpaid and dramatically cutting the money they give us. It's just such a shock losing a huge amount of our income all at once and I can't see how we can pay our mortgage, bills and buy food etc between february and april. I just hope when I'm more awake I can see a way through all this.
Hubby only works 16 hrs a week in a shop so you can imagine that is not good money but has been turned down for carer's allowance as he earns just over the allowed amount!!!
The employment support assistance (ESA) which is the new name for incapacity benefit is still being looked at and I won't find out till next week or later how much I will get from them. Am really worried about how long this will take to get the money as people from the forums have not received any money from ESA despite their claims being put in around November time. We will just be bankrupt if we don't get some more income - with losing all my salary and a few hundred pounds of child/working tax gone - we've hardly got any money coming in.
Our insurance on our mortgage has run out and there has been a cock up with my loan insurance so it feels never ending!!!
However, as I won't be earning anything in the new tax year, we will get the full money whatever that is from April and be entitled to the other things like free school meals and help with council tax bills.
I don't think I've ever spent so much of the day crying and worrying since diagnosis. Unfortunately, a lot of my crying was in a rather public place as it was the local young people's pantomime performance. It didn't help that the seats were like benches so ended up sitting on my own on a chair in the side against a wall so I could rest my back but of corse was highly visible to everyone including the children who are of course extremely worried about how we will copewith no income coming in. I hate being that upset in front of them and I hate being separated from them when it was supposed to be a family outing. I did spend the second half with them but have suffered since for sitting in an unsupported bench seat.
The pantomime was Alladin which is my favourite pantomime. It had the 'traditional' Alladin lead played by a female and then several pantomimee dames. They were all excellent and it was very enjoyable. They all had wonderful singing voices as well so it was a pleasure to watch and listen to. All the panto dames were really good and made the audience laugh a lot. Lady Hamilton - you're daughter was really good but she needs to improve her sweet throwing skills - and from a daughter of a sportswoman as well!!!! Only the front 4 rows got any sweets. Her cousins and ourselves didn't get any!!!!
If anyone reads this please can they tell my other friend whose daughter was in it that we were very impressed by her daughter's dancing and the small amount of speech she did. She was very easy to hear and I couldn't believe how long her hair was when it was all straightened.
It brightened up my day and I'm glad we went.
This evening all poor AJ wanted to do was to sit snuggled into me and cuddling me. He was obviously very upset by how upset I have been since opening the tax credit letter. I did manage to take a couple of good photos on my phone of him and me cuddling in bed together like we did with the twins at new year's eve when he was asleep.
This is a very reverse order blog entry - the first thing I did this morning was to go to Tescos with Woody to get some food and sweet supplies for Paris. It's ages since we used to do tescos at 8am on a saturday morning. The queue for the breakfast was just as long as before and the poor breakfast shift run round like headless chickens trying to serve up food and take money at the same time. They've altered their breakfast price list as well. I don't think I've been up at tescos on a saturday morning since before I was ill so that will be 4 years in April. How scary is that?
Woody had his favourite sausages, bacon and backed beans and then a chocolate muffin and I had a fried egg, hash browns, tinned tomatoes and 1 sausage so that was good.
I then spent an enormous amount on stuff for Paris in the hope it will save us money in the long run as the pound is so poor against the euro and then of course got home and opened that letter and the day went downhill from then.
Apprently, we can check in on line and book our plane seats on line as from 3am today. Don't think I will get up at 3am to do this and just hope I can navigate my way through how to book seats etc in the morning when I'm awake properly.
I'm just glad I'm away with my mum next week and seeing the MacMillan benefits advisory on 2nd feb so we can sort this money issue on my return.
Thank you for your help and support.
Kate

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home