fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tuesday - AJ slept for 12 hours so was a bit calmer today. He didn't wake up till 920am so it was a bit of a rush to get him ready for the childminder especially as needed to get the presents and cards out to people. I've lost so much time as I've been in hospital so frequently. Usually, I start doing some christmas shopping in november and take it all more slowly. Thank good ness for the interenet and that has been such a huge boon to me. I've even been in for for collection of the parcels except for 1 I had to collect from the post office and 1 from the neighbours.
Mum and I eventually went to Waitrose about 11am where parking was chaotic and the queues were quite horrendous. I was desparate for the loo due to all these water tablets I'm taking. The department head was about mid 30s and was really helpful. She let me use the staff loos and then offered to pack our shopping for us so we could sit down. It seemed such a kind thing to do.It seems so wrong that my mum at 73 is looking after me again. It should be the other way round. Waitrose were true to their word and gave mum and I, 2 chairs to sit on and the dept head and till lady unpacked and packed our shopping and even found us a man to push it out to the car and put the shopping in the car. I know it costs more but it tastes better and the quality of the food is so much better,
After the shopping we called in unexpectedly at one of my monday helper friends to give her her christmas present. She invited us in and we had some lovely coffee and mince pies so thank you.
In the afternoon, we just unpacked the shopping and i had a rest until 330pm when hospital transport turned up. I wasn't expecting an appointment and the ambulance driver rang the hospital and they confirmed that I wasn't due to be seem umtil the 8th january so they drove away and told methat transport was also booked for tomorrow as well!! I phoned chemo reception and they confirmed that there was no new appointment for me so cross as would have liked my chemo that day. Suppose it exlains why transport never turned up the other week!!
Wrapped presents in the evening - it feels like I'll never finish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home