fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Shopping


I didn't go out all weekend. It was wet, cold and miserable and i couldn't face it. Poor Laura - her bed is under the window and she has been so cold. Pete made a roman blind out of a towel!! It is not attractive but it has helped her until we can get a better blind in place.


I felt a bit rough sunday night after our dinner and now I'm wondering if we'd undercooked the chicken. At first I thought I'd taken too much laxatives but now on tuesday evening, I think I've eaten something or got a viral infection. I feel really tired and keep falling asleep and then can't wake up and feel a bit fluey as my joints ache and I've got a strange headache that I get when I'm ill with a temperature. My temperature is not up but I feel ill.


Yesterday, I went shopping and probably overdid it but I was in my mobility scooter. I did really well in getting things done. I got my money back from Next even though I was later than 28 days as I was in hospital and then not really able to go out. I got Laura's bras changed in M and S. That was such a frustrating shopping experience. The refund area has had the wall moved so it is impossible for me to get down the queue and to turn at the end to be served. Debbie stayed in the queue and I waited at the top end until Debbie joined me in the queue. We had a coffee there but to get in to the cafe, we had to negotiate our way through all the homeware department with all the glass and crockery etc. The gangways were too small and someone had left crates to be unpacked in the gangway as well. I wrote to M and S before and got no reply so will write again.


I'd bought some make up in John Lewis last week but had realised I'd been given the gift bags but not the make up and skin products which were supposed to be inside so I collected them as well.


I also bought the christmas cards and wrapping paper. It's so odd that now the VAT has been reduced, the prices all end in very strange amounts now like £3.61. You wonder what they did with the 17.5% to make all goods end in 99p!!


I got home about 230pm and went to bed and slept straight away. My friend bought AJ back from school and let him in the house. I stayed awake long enough to speak to him and then fell asleep till about 4pm. I stayed awake for dinner and went back to bed about 6pm and fell asleep. AJ woke me up so I could read with him at bedtime. I just couldn't stay awake. I'd read to him and fall asleep mid-sentence. He'd try to wake me up and apparently, I kept saying things like "Do you want cheese on your baked beans?" and when he asked me about adjectives (why he wanted to know about adjectives at that time of night, I don't know!!) I said his shirt was too small!! My friends had come round and I couldn't keep awake. Eventually, Pete came up and made sure I was awake so I could entertain my guests. Once I was up, I was OK until 11pm.


When I woke up this morning, I still felt awful so didn't go to the Hospice and just stayed downstairs doing Christmas cards.


This afternoon, we had to see Woody's teacher to sort out a few homework things and then when we got back at 430pm, I just went to bed till 630pm when a friend dropped by and we had dinner together. I really struggled to get out of bed and by 845pm I was falling asleep in the chair but have joined in with the live chat on one of the forums tonight till 930pm and then been looking at emails etc and now am ready to go to sleep again. I can't work out if this is a reaction to stopping the steroids or if I've got some sort of bug. I do feel all achey like just before flu kicks in and am still dashing off to the toilet. I haven't got a temperasture though. I will have to see how I am tomorrow as if got infection somewhere then my bloods may not be right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home