fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, December 15, 2008

echo date
After numerous phonecalls between me and the oncologist's secretary and the echo people, finally got appointment through for wednesday. Quite good timing as same time as AJ has an appointment at the same hospital so won't need to drive.
Presumably, I'll get the report the next day when I see the consultant for my chemo. Not sure if should pack bag incase they want to drain it off straight away. Scared about the drainage as not sure where they can get a needle through as I thought most of my heart was surrounded by the cancer.
I went out with the aim of finishing my christmas shopping. My friend who has been cooking for us on a tuesday took me out and I hired a shopmobility scooter. It was a different one to last week and I did struggle with the steering. It's not helped by how narrow the aisles are due to the christmas stock and that people have a habit of walking backwards into you. This one did not have a bleeper for reversing and somehow I managed to turn the right indicator on but couldn't switch it off. I think I'm just about there.
I got into bed very early and did some wrapping up of presents. The children also helped to wrap some presents as well so feeling very christmassy now.
Very tired and will write more tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home