fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mother's Day - I did actually manage to send my mum a card on time but I'm afraid I never got round to buying her a pressie so will have to put that to rights. Quite impressive organisation for me in my current state.
I got woken up by hubby and the children with a cup of tea and cards and pressies. AJ came in carrying his big paper flower on a stick with lovely comments on like 'I love you' and 'I love you when you hug me'. I also got Kaiser Chief's new CD. I had also wanted Take That's new CD but I don't think hubby could bring himself to buy that. I find it hard to admit that I actually want a Take That CD but then my musical tastes have alwyas been dubious!! The twins bought me some plants for hanging baskets and freesia buobs to plant. I love the smell of freesias. I hope I od better than I did with Laura's christmas present to me that she made at Brownies. This was a beautiful hand painted pot by Laura with an undentified bulb in. It got a bit dried up between when she planted it in november and when I opened it in December and now I appear to have a flag iris - another favourite flower of mine - which is blooming but is about 2 inches away from the soil!!
Laura put in her card for me to have a 'nice long bubble bath'. She did point out that she said that was because she knows I like to have a bath but never have time to rather than she thinks I smell!! I'm glad she put that straight.
Twins off at Roverang practice all day again and AJ is watching a Ninja mutant turtle hero DVD so I did succeed in having a long bubble bath whilst listening to the Kaiser chiefs and now I'm listening to my library in Itunes which is full of a very odd selection of music. So far I've worked my way through songs from The Fray, The Gorillaz, Franz Ferdinand, Joe Jackson and Steve Harley. Soon it will be Van Morrison and Julian Cope from memory of the order. Hubby is off seeing his mum.
This afternoon, we're meeting up with friends for food. Hope the men have got the idea that they are supposed to eb doing the cooking whilst us girls can sit and relax!! I'll let you know if that happens!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home